This year, the ladies of The Cupcake Charity, have organized and carried out three incredible events. Starting with the most recent, the events are below.
5K Cake Walk & Run & Family Night on August 9th, 2013:
We had over 500 people in attendance with 116 runners, and 26 runners in the cupcake division. The success of this event is largely attributable to the Gillespie family, friends, and neighbors. Thank you so much for supporting them.
Over 100 raffle tickets were sold and countless tickets for cotton candy, snow cones, nachos, and the bounce houses were redeemed. The Bake Sale sold more cupcakes and doughnuts than ever before. All donations and proceeds for this event went to pay for medical bills for the Gillespie family. You can read their story here: http://cupcakecharity.com/mistie-gillespies-story/
We wish to thank the community for supporting our events and the families we are so lucky to benefit. You all are what makes our events possible and fulfilling. Your support and attendance are so very significant to everything we strive for to help our community.
A special thanks to our Sponsors. We couldn’t have done it without you.
- Basements and Beyond http://www.basementbeyond.com/
- Corner Café https://www.facebook.com/pages/Little-Corner-Cafe/652823171413290
- Wasatch Pines http://local.ksl.com/listings/wasatch-pines/135704
- Daylight Donuts http://daylightdonuts.com/
- Fleet Feet www.fleetfeetamerfork.com/
- Road ID http://www.roadid.com
- Eagle Mountain City www.emcity.org
- Miller Chiropractic http://www.millerfc.com/
- K Marketing Design https://www.facebook.com/kmarketingdesign
- Chick-fil-a http://www.cfarestaurant.com/americanfork/home
- Sheena’s Dance Studio http://www.sheenasdancestudio.com
- Jump Town http://www.jumptownutah.com/
- 4Imprint http://www.4imprint.com
- Maurices www.maurices.com/
- Arctic Circle
- Station 13
- Ronda Alexander
- Liz Clawson
- Dr. Barry K Sorenson
- Matthew Luke – our totally awesome DJ
- Dave Norman – and his superb cooking skills
- Sorenson/Gillespie Families
- Melanie Anderson
- Richfield Fresh Market
Thank you to our many volunteers, for their hard work and preparation. Thanks to all those who contributed their baking skills; we had so many beautiful cakes and cupcakes donated. We logged 668.5 volunteers hours. A Special thank you to our Committee, the Cupcake Sisters: Kiersten Nebeker, Trish Austin, Keri Smith, Sandy Smith, Shana Clark, Tonya Crosby, Sheena Ballard, Kim Brown, Laura Brown, Annie Brown. You ladies are amazing!
Congrats to all our Winners from the 5K Cake Walk & Run on 8/9/13:
The Cupcake Charity hosted its annual Pony Express 5K on June 1st, 2013 and its 4th annual Royal Princess Party at Eagle Valley Elementary on March 1st, 2013. Stay tuned for more information about our 2014 events.
If you or someone you know would like more information on how to apply for assistance, please fill out our simple online application (see link below). Once you have submitted your information, The Cupcake Charity, will contact you for more specific requirements regarding the application process.